Install Incorta on Multiple Servers
Install Incorta on two or more servers (mutli-server, or “Custom”, installation) for horizontal scalability.
Before you complete these steps, make sure you:
- Meet the Installation Requirements.
- Set the Java home and path environment variable. See Install Java.
- Verify that you updated the
Perform the following process on each server where you want to install an Incorta node:
- Log in to the server where you want to install Incorta Analytics.
- Download the Incorta Analytics build.
incorta-package.zipin the build folder.
- Run the file
incorta-installer_<version>.jarfrom the unzipped folder to start the installation. Note: You can use this file to run the installation wizard, which walks you through the installation process. If you use this method, follow the steps in the wizard, then skip to the steps you perform in the CMC. The installer attempts to create a directory at
/home/incorta/IncortaAnalytics/logsbefore you specify the installation directory.
- Follow the prompts to read and accept the Product License Agreement.
- Select 2 for multi-node (custom) installation.
- Follow the prompts to provide the installation path, set the port for the node agent, and set the IP Address. Automatically start the node agent if you want to continue configuring Incorta immediately upon completing installation.
- Choose whether to install the Tomcat web application manager.
- Select the server port, HTTP connector port, HTTP Connector Redirect Port, AJP Connector Port, AJP Connector Redirect Port for the Cluster Management Console (CMC). Keep the defaults if this is the first Incorta Analytics server installation and the ports are available.
- Provide the CMC max heap size.
- Set the administrator username and password that you will use to log in to the CMC.
- Select Enter to install.
Run the following commands to ensure that the CMC, nodeAgent, zookeeper, and Derby database (if you use it) started:
ps -ef | grep cmc
ps -ef | grep nodeAgent
ps -ef | grep zookeeper
ps -ef | grep derby