Tools → Schema Diagram Viewer
The Schema Diagram Viewer allows a tenant user with the necessary access permissions to view an entity relationship diagram for the selected physical schema and any related and viewable physical schemas. This includes all entity objects and join relationships between entity objects.
A SuperUser (tenant administrator) or a user that belongs to a group with the Schema Manager or the SuperRole roles can access the Schema Diagram Viewer from the Schema Designer.
To open the Schema Designer, in the Navigation bar, select Schema. In the Schema Manager, in the Schema tabs, in the List View, select a physical schema item row. In the Schema Designer, in the Action bar, select Diagram.
The Schema Diagram Viewer consists of the following:
The Action bar consists of:
- The name of the physical schema.
- An X that you can select to close the Schema Diagram Viewer.
The Search bar contains a search text box. Search for any part of a given search term. By default, the search results contain a list of all schema tables that are filtered to match the search term entered. The search results are organized by entity type:
- Table (Physical schema table)
- Materialized View
- Incorta Analyzer Table
- Incorta SQL Table (Incorta Labs feature)
Select an entity to zoom in to its location on the diagram and view its details.
You can also use the Search bar to:
- View information about the schema (information icon)
- Zoom in to the schema diagram (plus icon)
- Zoom out of the schema diagram (minus icon)
- Fit the schema diagram to the page (four corner icon)
- Change the layout of the schema diagram. The options are: Default Layout, Compact Layout, and Circular Layout.
The Diagram canvas consists of:
- An Overview window
- The physical schema diagram
The Overview window provides a high level view of the entire physical schema diagram. To increase the size of the Overview window, select maximize (diverging arrows icon). To decrease the size of the Overview window, select minimize (converging arrows icon). To collapse the Overview window, select v. To expand the Overview window, select >.
In the physical schema diagram, you can view the entity objects in the physical schema and the relationships, or joins, between the entity objects as an arrow. The arrow source represents the parent table, and the target represents the child table. There is a key at the bottom of the physical schema diagram that indicates the entity type by color. Here are the entity types, and corresponding colors:
- Table - blue
- Materialized View - green
- Alias table - red
- Incorta Analyzer table - orange
- Incorta SQL table (Incorta Labs feature) - purple
When you select one of the tables, a Table Details window will appear. The table name will appear at the top of the window. Select the square arrow icon to the right of the table name to open the table in the Schema Manager. Select the X in the far right to close the Table Details window. The Table Details window includes the following information:
|Data Source||The data source of the table|
|Performance Optimized||Indicate that Analytics Service loads this entity object into memory|
|Columns||The number of columns in the table|
|Joins||The number of joins between the table and other tables|
|Rows||The number of rows in the table|
|Data on Disk||The amount of disk space consumed by the table|
|Key Columns||The table columns that function as a key|
|Child Joins||The join details where the selected table is the child|
|Parent Joins||The join details where the selected table is the parent|
Here are the steps to view the schema diagram using the Schema Diagram Viewer:
- Sign in to the Incorta Direct Data Platform™.
- In the Navigation bar, select Schema.
- In the Schema Manager, in the Schema tabs, in the List View, select a physical schema item row.
- In the Schema Designer, in the Action bar, select Diagram.