Create a New Schema Using the Schema Wizard
The Schema Wizard is the simplest way to create a new schema. The wizard walks you through a series of steps to build the schema, add tables to it, customize it, and automatically create table joins if required.
- Go to the “Schemas” section of the application.
Select the + New in the upper right-hand corner. A drop-down menu appears.
Select “Schema Wizard”. The wizard opens.
- Give your new schema a name and description.
- Select your datasource for this schema. The datasource must have been defined in the “Data” section of the application.
- Select Next, in the lower right-hand corner.
Choose a data source from the panel on the left-hand side of the screen.
Select one or more tables to add to your schema. Each table you add appears in the preview area.
Select the “Selected” tab at the top of the panel on the left-hand side, to view a list of the selected tables.
- Select columns and set labels, mapping types and functions as needed.
- Select the trash bin icon, to delete this table from the new schema.
- After checking and/or customizing the columns for each table, select Next.
- Leave the checkbox marked to have Incorta automatically create table joins, based on foreign-key relationships. Uncheck this box if you do not want to use this option.
Navigate to the “Schemas” tab in the “Schema” page.
Select a schema to go to that schema page, not the checkbox.
- Select “Load” in the upper right-hand corner of the schema page. A drop-down menu appears.
Hover over “Load now” and select the loading type from the submenu.
Full: Select this option to perform a full schema load. This is typically done the first time data is loaded into Incorta Analytics, or for a full refresh of the data.
- Incremental: Select this option to load only the data that has been generated in the data source since it was last loaded. Incorta Analytics uses an SQL query to fetch the new data from the server. Incremental loading only applies to tables for which it has been enabled. A CDC (Change Data Capture) column MUST exist within this table.Otherwise, it will be fully loaded even if you select this option.
- Staging: Select this option to load data from the Incorta Analytics staging area. This is the area where all the data gets extracted, but only data specified by the Load Filter (defined in the Table Details page) gets loaded into the Incorta engine. If there is no load filter defined, choosing this option would load the extracted data into the staging area only, where as choosing the “Full” load option would also load the data into the Incorta engine. You can choose to load all schema tables from staging (by selecting “Staging” from the “Load” drop-down menu at the top of the schema definition page), or individual schema tables (by clicking on the down arrow corresponding to any table in the schema definition page and selecting “Load from Staging”). In this case, you do not have to refresh the schema if it has already been loaded.
- Select Load to proceed with the load.
If you receive a loading error, contact your system administrator. Errors are logged in
To add tables using the schema wizard:
- Select + New.
- Select Schema Wizard.
- Run the wizard and add the tables from the panel on the left-hand side.